I recently re-read the best selling book Atomic Habits by the brilliant James Clear which resulted in all sorts of aha moments and feelings of being kicked in the stomach.
It’s the kind of book you read out loud to your partner (even though she’s waiting to read it herself if you’d just hurry up and finish) while she’s trying to go to sleep. “Ohhh, listen to THIS part…”
On top of creating sleep deprivation to said partner it inspired a habit audit made up of 6 questions.
First looking at the current state of play:
- What good habits do I currently have?
- What bad habits do I currently have?
- Who am I becoming as a result of these habits?
Then, looking at the ideal:
- Who do I want to become?
- What habits do I need to add to help me get there?
- What habits do I need to remove to help me get there?
Over to you.